Summing up some extraordinary work done by PM Modi & his Team & few of our Chief Ministers to fight COVID 19, which the International Media deliberately tends to ignore!
As I share this link of the recenty published New York Times (NYT) analysis on work done to fight COVID 19, if you go through you will not only smell the bias but also the stigma of ‘sense of superiority’ & complete lack of transparency & justice which should be demonstrated by an international reputed media & a leading Journalist(https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/17/world/europe/leaders-coronavirus-france-new-zealand-philippines-germany.html )!!
Hence I take this opportunity to do my own analysis & present facts which you will find binding on the point that India’s work on fighting COVID 19 is a case study which cannot be & should not be ignored. And I do not hesitate in admitting that since our PM Mr Narendra Modi is at it’s helm hence he should get the maximum laurels & if (& when) things turn out bad due to the Govt’s apathy, then he will be the one to get all brick-bats too. Please give me an opportunity to present a perspective point wise:
- the NYT & WP, BBC , Independent UK, Time magazine (& you can also count in Alzazeera in same category, rather count them in AZ category) & the likes would firstly never give a damn to an Indian Leader & present a neutral commentary on a PM like Modi as they are obsessed by their Communist/ Pseudo-democratic mindset.. so one would NOT wonder how this Feature was released without covering what Modi did to curtail/ extraordinarily manage till now – a Pandemic waiting to create havoc in the 2nd largest populated country & largest Democracy on the Earth.
But most importantly even if they tried, they would never be able to present The TRUE analysis of PM Modi’s handling of the situation because of a simple reason that – he has handled this primarily in a language which they do not connect to i.e. HINDI & hence it will be almost impossible for them to interpret a mix of Intelligence Quotient (IQ) & Emotional Quotient (EQ) delivered in a package BEAUTIFULLY by any state leader across the world & to explain it further, here’s my point by point explanation :
Modi has been able to demonstrate a very high level of IQ based Speech & actions simply by virtue of setting an integrated multi-sectoral Experts Team at the backend & pushing for & using Technology & Analytics behind every step/ every announcement his Govt makes which are so well thought of & articulated & he releases it in a thoroughly planned way that till now there’s a very few glitches [except at 3 occasions- i) when few overexcited citizens came out in hordes drumming & singing on roads, when Janta Curfew was announced; ii) when the reverse migration act was not anticipated by any state or central Govt which resulted in a few lac of migratory population rushing back to homes & all of us have seen how pity scenario it was & could present a huge risk to ‘Community Spread’ which is still waiting to happen & iii) when local Admins announced Curfew & Emergency/ sealing like situation —courtesy the Bravado shown by our Media to propagate it loudly & irresponsibly, which resulted into a few hours mayhem of people across coming out in thousands at their local grocery & kirana shops]— breaking all Social Distancing Norms— in all these 3 instances— which is most dangerous thing to do— something like a MURDER in this Covid Spread situation, is– ‘Breaking Social Distancing Norms’!!!
Then comes his EQ demonstration, which he has again brilliantly done by adopting/ utilising 2 key strategies:
- A) the Communication/ Behaviour Change strategy— Very rare we see any State Head/ PM/ President present the messaging in such a simplified / easy to understand & in a way that it connects with a Common man/ even if he/she is illiterate & there’s always a ‘Call to Action’ integrated beautifully into each announcement/ address & it’s done in a scientific way- what we call Behaviour Change Science in Public Health parlance like— Sunday Paanch Baje, Paanch Minute; Nau Baje, Nau Minute & then finally the masterpiece— 7 key action points to remember/ take back home as key practices to follow… & the Call to Action (CTA) is also so simplified & is so purposeful (with strong messages of solidarity or connects with our Traditions strongly): like- Ghar ke chat SE/ balcony SE Ghanti bajaana to SHOW SUPPORT & SOLIDARITY to our Health Workers/ Frontline Workers; Ghar mein Diya, lamp, light jalaana… all things easy to do, makes great visuals which is flashed across the nation through over excited Media & it definitely generates a feeling of togetherness/ unity— that in this grave situation we as a country are UNITED & fighting it TOGETHER— & that’s what frankly & honestly is the only solution left other than Social Distancing, that PRAYING together to GOD that we be saved.
It also creates a strong wave of innner strength & solidarity towards those who are fighting in our behalf at the frontline, to keep us safe at home, it further strengthens their RESOLVE to serve without any incentives & with risk of life & disease up their sleeves all time.
& that’s what PM Modi has done it beautifully.. Some may call it ‘videsh SE nakal kiya hua idea’, but remember, he started initiating these things 15 years back from his Gujarat CM Days— jab na TV used to cover him, nor unko Videsh jaane ko milta tha— courtesy our Original National (C_ _ _) Party of India!! & Nakal ke liye bhi akal chahiye.. & if such ‘nakal’ helps us/ our community in good senses.. hail to it.
- B) Modi ji has ROCKED till now for our Country, our India, our Bharat & I can challenge any Intellectual across the globe if anyone can present a picture of any State/ Country Leader on showcasing such a brilliance of excellent combination of:
- Thorough Research
- Using Technology & Analytics in such a beautiful way (within our Indian limitations of literacy & adoptiveness)
- Execution till last mile
- Monitoring till last mile
- Communicating to the country on a daily basis, updating & educating such a large population with full grit, leaving no GAPS
- Inclusiveness (involving each CM, all MPs & MLAs & connecting & talking to all District Admins/ mapping District wise/ Isolated Zone wise & Monitoring & putting & loosening restrictions after a thorough MAPPING of each zone/ each locality— based on 1st time in Indian History— using an Intense / AccurateMapping Tools/ Methods for each Taluka/ earmarked danger zones
& going extra miles- pushing & motivating the Celebrities/ Indluencers of the country to participate in an inclusive campaign / support the Govt messaging at a mass level.. which has metamorphically worked & hence we see the most successful Fund Raise too in the new PM Cares Fund (one of the key indicators), which is again an extraordinary feat.
& we should LOVE anybody & any actions which works for us as a country, which keeps us be safe & secure as a Citizen & which will be the main reason why we, the most vulnerable country– India, would come out most successful from this Global Pandemic/ CRISIS of the CENTURY .. that’s what gives us hope & also looks like we shall be able to achieve it.. as our PM / our Leader is in good control.. also credit goes to few of our dynamic & well aligned CMs too- be it UP CM, Maharashtra, Kerala, Odisha, Rajasthan, Delhi & others too.
Would these anti-right international media dare to bring out such comparisons with their Global Leaders backed by such a detailed analysis … they will NEVER, as it will NOT be in their INTEREST & would not push their AGENDA, rather it will backfire for them, as it will bring out a TRUE Perspective on the global fora!!
Last but not the least, his packaging & then presenting key top Calls To Action (CTA) in 7 simplified points, I think was wonderful way of doing it & this Kudos goes to his brilliant team working in the backend , Salute to his Team too.
PRAY we remain United & our Leaders remain firm & in control, let’s appreciate wholeheartedly & pray for our Captains, as they will only help us sail through these rough weather, we should follow them, obey them & cooperate to the fullest & also APPRECIATE them openly, even if we don’t like them because of our selfish interest & conflicting alignments.
Jai Hind, Jai Bharat🇮🇳